Flex AutoComplete: Version 1.1
It’s been well over a year since I released the 1.0 version of the component. Since then I’ve received countless emails/comments with feature requests and bug reports. This new release addresses all of the major issues.
Here’s what’s new:
- Full support for Flex 4: The component now supports Flex 4 100%. The demo has been rebuilt using the Flex 4 SDK
- Added allowEditingSelectedItems property: You can now enable making changes to items once they’re selected.
- Added delimiter property: When allowing the user to select multiple items you can now specify which character to use as the delimiter.
- Added clearSearchOnFocusOut property: This enables specifying whether the search text should be cleared on focus out
- Added clear method: Makes clearing the selection much simpler
- Better overall usability
In addition, I’ve also fixed a number of critical bugs:
- Fixed problems when binding to the AutoComplete’s values
- Fixed issue where setting selectedItem multiple times would fail
- Fixed problem where allowDuplicates didn’t works for objects
- Resolved issues when using with Validators
- Improved garbage collection performance
- Resolved issues when using an XMLListCollection as the dataProvider
- Does a better job handling invalid data
- Fixed issues related to using the tabIndex property
- Other bug fixes and tweaks..