Flex AutoComplete: Version 1.0
It’s been about a year since first creating the component. I’ve been using it extensively in the applications I work on and it’s been downloaded thousands of times. At this point I’m pretty confident in saying that it works reliably.
If you’re already using the component you probably noticed that there’s now a “Latest version” link (rather than the old Demo and Download links). I’ve decided to set up a permanent page on my blog for the component. The important info (ie, the component’s license) is currently scattered amongst the past posts, this way I can keep everything together in one place.
Here’s what’s changed in this release
- Added support for XMLListCollections: You can now use either an ArrayCollection or an XMLListCollection as the dataProvider.
- ListBuilder is now a first class component: I’ve refactored the code to support using the ListBuilder on it’s own.
- Added browserFilterFunction: I’ve added a browserFilterFunction which enables applying a separate filter which is applied to the results shown in the browser. I sometimes show a mix of items in the component. I use this to offer multiple browse options in the actionMenu in the AdvancedAutoComplete.
- Bug fixes and tweaks: As always, I’ve gone through all of the comments and fixed any issues people have found.
Thanks to e/o who’s spotted bugs, suggested improvements and just been supportive in getting the component to this state. There’s no doubt in my mind that sharing the component with the Flex community has made it far better than it otherwise would have been.